PHOTOSHELTER ANNOUNCES LUMINANCE 2012,
A VERY DIFFERENT PHOTOGRAPHY EVENT
Industry leaders explore the future of photography creation & consumption
September 12 – 13, 2012
April 16, 2012 — (New York) — PhotoShelter (http://www.photoshelter.com), the worldwide leader in photography portfolio websites, sales and marketing tools for photographers, today announced Luminance 2012, a fresh new conference that will bring leading voices from across industries to explore the intersection of business, technology, culture, and photography. Luminance 2012 speakers will include distinguished thought leaders from Behance, Blurb, Facebook, Google, 20×200, Tumblr and many more of the companies driving massive changes in todayâ€™s photo landscape. Luminance 2012 will be held September 12 – 13, 2012 at BMCC Tribeca Performing Arts Center in New York. Limited early bird registration discounts are available now at photoshelter.com/luminance.
â€śWeâ€™re bringing together a group of photographyâ€™s innovators to engage in powerful discussion about the direction and influence of this medium as both an art form and crucial business driver,â€ť said Allen Murabayashi, PhotoShelter Co-Founder and CEO.Â â€śUnder one roof, Luminance will bring us two dozen perspectives on the dramatic changes occurring in photography. Not simply those who captivate us from behind the camera, but also the people responsible for evolving the way we create and consume photography.â€ť
Speakers at Luminance 2012 will each deliver 20 minute talks (plus Q&A) in their area of expertise.
- â€˘ Jen Bekman, CEO & Founder, 20×200
- â€˘ Scott Belsky, CEO & Founder, Behance
- â€˘ Lucas Allen Buick, CEO & Founder, Hipstamatic
- â€˘ Leila Boujnane, CEO, TinEye
- â€˘ Amy Cappellazzo, Chairman, Post-War and Contemporary Development at Christieâ€™s
- â€˘ Chris Chabot, Manager, Developer Relations, Google+
- â€˘ Eric Cheng, Director of Photography, Lytro
- â€˘ Kevin Connor, CEO and Co-Founder, Fourandsix
- â€˘ Barbara Davidson, 2011 Pulitzer Prize Winner, Feature Photography
- â€˘ Eileen Gittins, CEO, Blurb
- â€˘ John Maloney, CEO, Tumblr
- â€˘ Michael Muller, Commercial/Shark Portraitist
- â€˘ Srinivas Narayanan, Engineering Mgr, Facebook Photos
- â€˘ Craig Peters (SVP Biz Dev), Getty Images
- â€˘ Rick Robinson, Director of Marketing, Vision Research, makers of the Phantom camera
- â€˘ David A. Ross, Former Director of the Whitney, Chair of the MFA Art Practice Program, School of Visual Arts
- â€˘ Alan Taylor, Editor, InFocus, The Atlantic (and creator of the Boston Globeâ€™s â€śThe Big Pictureâ€ť)
- â€˘ Jonathan Teo, Managing Director, General Catalyst Partners (and Instagram investor)
- â€˘ Peter Yang, Commercial/Editorial Photographer
An optional, limited attendance photography workshop will also be held on September 11, 2012 at Root Drive-In Studios, with renowned pro photographers Joe McNally, Zack Arias, Corey Rich, and Robert Seale. In addition, the Luminance #ilovephotography Party will be held the evening of Wednesday, September 12, 2012 at a location to be announced.
â€śLuminance 2012 will be an opportunity for the community to come together around a new topic of discussion that isnâ€™t strictly gear or technique,â€ť said Murabayashi. â€śItâ€™s a chance to engage in a dialogue with others who are creating the technology thatâ€™s driving massive shifts in the photography landscape, to learn from each other, and get inspired about what is still to come for this medium we all both love with passion and equally depend on for our business and livelihood.â€ť
A limited number of hotel rooms have been reserved for Luminance 2012 attendees. Learn more about conference logistics and register to attend: photoshelter.com/luminance.
PhotoShelter is the leader in portfolio websites, photo sales, marketing and archiving tools for photographers. Over 72,000 photographers worldwide use PhotoShelter to power their success online, with customizable website templates, searchable photo galleries, e-commerce capabilities, and bulletproof image storage. Photographers can create a professional PhotoShelter website in under five minutes, or customize the design of PhotoShelter to power their existing photography website.
A complete solution designed to make the business of photography easier to manage – PhotoShelter offers image security, online image delivery, and advanced marketing tools like SEO and social media sharing capabilities so photographers can make their images work harder for them. To join our community or try PhotoShelter, visit photoshelter.com.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.